Thursday, December 11, 2008

DHTML Visual Art

By googling around I stumbled upon the web site of geldoot, an artist which creates visual art by using dynamic html animations only.
It's quite surprising what he manages to do and even more interesting the fact that he release the source code of his experiments to the community under a Creative Common License (this).
From the various artworks I found 2 of them especially interesting.
The first one is an animation showing many businesslike men hanging in front of the spectator's eyes and moving around according to the mouse movement. I found them quite disturbing and somewhat recalling me the paint Golconda from René Magritte.



The other artwork is a three column animation of del.icio.us popular tags. The user can actually click any of them and warp to the corresponding del.icio.us bookmark page. Of this one the source code is especially quite interesting to be modified and implemented in one's website.



The gallery of the artworks is huge so I didn't have time to explore/try all the animations contained. If you find something amazing post a comment with the link so that I can have a look as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment